In today’s digital age, having a strong online presence is crucial for businesses. One increasingly popular and effective way to optimize your online visibility is by creating a Google Business Profile, previously known as Google My Business. This powerful tool allows you to manage and enhance your business profile on Google, making it easier for potential customers to find you. In this blog post, we’ll explore what a Google Business Profile is, how to create one, how to edit, and provide tips on leveraging its potential.
What is a Google Business Profile?
A Google Business Profile is your business listing on Google Search and Maps. It’s a place to showcase essential information about your business, including your name, address, phone number, website, and operating hours. It acts as an online storefront, allowing potential customers to discover and engage with your business. With a listing, you can interact with customers by responding to reviews, answering questions, and sharing updates.
What Type of Businesses can get a Google Business Profile?
The short answer is any business that makes in-person contact with customers. Google Business Profiles are available for many businesses, including retail stores, restaurants, service providers, healthcare professionals, local attractions, etc. Whether you have a physical storefront, operate as a hybrid business, or visit or deliver directly to customers, you can have a Google Business Profile.
How to Create a Google Business Profile
- Go to https://www.google.com/business/
- Click on the blue ‘Manage Now’ button or ‘Sign in’ if you already have an existing Google account.
- Search for your business name or click ‘Add your business to Google’ if it’s not listed.
- Add a primary category that best represents your business, such as “retail services.”
- Optionally, add your office location if you have a staffed storefront during business hours. If not, you can choose not to add your location.
- Specify your service areas by adding specific locations like “San Diego” or choose a broader area like “United States.”
- Follow the prompts to complete your profile by providing additional details about your business.
- Select the verification option that suits you best: via phone, SMS, or by requesting a postcard to your business mailing address.
- Review the information you have input before requesting verification
- Set up your Google Business Profile account with your business email to ensure professional communication
How to Edit Your Google Business Profile
After verifying your Google Business Profile (which may take up to 7 business days), updating and maintaining your profile regularly is essential. Keeping information accurate and engaging for potential customers is vital to building trust and customer loyalty. How you can edit your profile:
- Sign into your account
- Click on the “Info” tab to access and edit various sections of your profile, including business hours (don’t forget holiday hours), phone number, website, description, photos, and more.
- Upload high-quality photos that showcase your products or services
- Respond promptly to customer reviews – addressing both positive and negative reviews
- Utilize the “Posts” feature to share updates, offers, events, and news about your business
5 Ways to Leverage Your Google Business Profile
Upload Photos: Studies show that profiles with photos attract more leads. Businesses with visually appealing images receive 42% more requests for directions and 35% more click-throughs than profiles without photos. Upload your logo, cover photo, and images that showcase your products or services.
Encourage Reviews: Positive reviews help to build credibility and are a crucial element of social proof. Encourage satisfied customers to leave a review on your Google Business Profile. Whether positive or negative, responding to reviews demonstrates your commitment to customer satisfaction.
Utilize Attributes: Google allows you to highlight specific attributes about your business, such as wheelchair accessibility, outdoor seating, or Wi-Fi availability. Make sure to provide accurate information to attract customers with specific needs.
Share Updates: Utilize the “Posts” feature to share news, promotions, events, or any updates relevant to your business. This helps to keep your customers informed and engaged with your business. You can add a photo and a call to action button, such as “Order Online” or “Sign Up,” to your updates.
Gain/Monitor Insights: Google provides valuable insights about how customers find and interact with your business profile. Use this data to understand your audience better, refine your marketing strategies, and make informed business decisions.
Creating a well-optimized listing puts your business on the map and invites potential customers to explore your offerings and engage with your brand. If you need further support in content strategy, book a 1-hour Power Hour Marketing Session, and we can help you. Remember, your Google Business Profile is more than just a listing; it’s your online storefront, open 24/7 to customers searching for your products and services.
- www.mobal.io/blog-posts/maximizing-your-restaurants-online-presence-the-power-of-ima ges-in-google-business-profiles
About Guest Blogger
I recently graduated from the University of San Diego with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing. Originally from the East Coast, I bring a unique perspective to my work, drawing from various experiences and influences. I am deeply passionate about social media, digital trends, and content consumption. I have dedicated myself to exploring the latest developments in these fields through my academic and personal pursuits and professional experiences. I work as an intern at Nadi Marketing, where I have applied my knowledge and skills to real-world situations, helping eco-conscious businesses create impactful content strategies and partnerships. In addition to my internship, I have also obtained certifications in digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO), demonstrating my commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies. I am excited to continue learning, growing, and innovating in the marketing field, and I look forward to positively impacting the world through my work.